Thursday, November 13, 2014

.................I'm Not Hungry I'll Just Sample

Welcome again. This is just a small post before tomorrows post because I felt like writing a bit. It has been a very very busy week at work. One of those if anything can go wrong it will kind of weeks. I have not cheated though so I am happy about that. I have been working some food , more protein in some meats into my diet and I have leveled off nicely and held it for 4 days. Coming up next Thursday at St. Elizabeth's Hospital is my next and biggest meeting with my Surgeon. This is the one that should set up my surgery date. No taste test today that is coming tomorrow. I do however have a video that I would like to show you. I think you will like it. Either that or you might try to have me locked up in the insane asylum.
       
 So more on that tomorrow morning.  Now one thing is with these fruit flavors, milk probably isn't the greatest idea. So i use Turkey Hill Diet Decaf Iced tea for the liquid, and pieces of frozen fruit when i make a smoothie rather than a shake, I also add at least a teaspoon full of benefiber the tasteless instantly dissolving one, it helps keep you full and also help thing..um.. move along the way they are supposed to. Let's just say  high high protein diets test to make things, slow down you could use regular diet iced tea if you wish.  
   With the help of some of the guys on bariatricpal.com I will be putting together  top 5 reasons or events that led to someone having bariatric surgery. 
Now here is something you don't think of much but of course the holidays are coming up. Now thanksgiving has always been fun, except after ,my mother died years back the family sort of fell apart. Then after my dads death, it fractured a lot of what was left. I am making it a resolution that after the surgery and when i have a handle on this weight, I will try to reconnect with some of my family. My cousins, who have always done right by me, you know who you are. Two of my female cousins who i like to think we used to be close, live close by and have beautiful families. I miss them. My male cousins a few who i lived with even for awhile, and spent many years with, I miss them too. It's hard when you're close in distance but somehow never close enough right? I watched my mother die of cancer. I watched not as close up but still, two of my uncles, one my godfather and namesake, born on the same day as me 30 years apart, die of cancer. The other uncle who was my communion sponsor and just a really great guy die of cancer as well. I'll tell you a quick story. The second uncle i mentioned is the heart of this story. We had gone on vacation to New Jersey to Six Flags Great Adventure theme park. The whole family so my family and 3 sets of aunts uncles and cousins as well. We made a convoy down to NJ. Well one night while we were there we all went and ate at a chain restaurant. On the way out my uncle noticed they had these big  5 pound bags of peanuts for sale. Well I am 10 years old mind you and as I am walking out, my uncle hands me one of these bags and says " hey, bring this out to the car for me." SO of course I did. Well the joke was on me as he never paid for them. He just laughed . Looking back I'm laughing too. Not sure why I am so maudlin tonight folks. I guess I will leave it at that for tonight. Stay tuned tomorrow another taste test of the new product from the above video, and more about whats up and whats next!
 Now your Quote:

“The Brandy Diet is one of my personal favorites – you don’t lose any weight, but if you drink enough of the stuff then you neither care what you look like nor what people think of you. Also, if you’re very lucky, you can lose days.” 

― Kensington Gore

No comments:

Post a Comment