Wednesday, December 17, 2014

....................... Day 1 of the Days of our lives.

So hello all, I am back. Yes back from the hospital. Back from surgery, back from removing an organ I was pretty familiar with. By choice even. The day started out a bit rough, we had to wait in the pre op holding area for two hours, because there were some surgical needs that pushed us back. It is tough to get yourself ready  mentally,  and then have to wait. It is not a good thing. Eventually we got in and after donning thigh high anti-embolism stockings, ( white just isn't my color but they didn't have black fishnets.) Now since i have a history of bad IV's I made it a prime point to tell everyone involved about that. Well it worked they got a special Nurse Practitioner to com down and first she gave me some numbing agent then the IV went in nice and easy. One huge anxiety out of my anxiety list. The surgery was like blinking of course one second your a little tipsy feeling the next you're in recovery. Which is not a bad thing.
     One thing that amazed me, from recovery onward I was in the same bed. No switching around beds here and there. This was a first class over sized air inflatable bed that slowly moves the air around under you to relieve any sore spots. To make it even better this bed..is a transformer! Yes I am serious. This bed actually lifts you up, down, and all over to turn itself and you into a chair. Here are a few pictures to show you what I mean.
     

Here is a pic of One of my nurses. What was great is the bariatric patients are given to nurses with no more than a total of 3 patients. so that you get a lot of extra care. My  nurses were exemplary. From Mary ann in preop, to Chris in recovery, to Annie and Kevin on the floor.  Just the best, they really impressed me. Here is a picture of Annie.
 

So the surgery itself went well, they didn't do a hernia repair as they viewed it and decided it was too small to bother with,
Here is a video to show what they did o. No please do not watch if you are squeamish or weak of heart etc.


Well so I have had some jello here at home and sipping vitamin water. I'm going to take a break and relax in my big comfy chair.  Thanks for coming. 






No comments:

Post a Comment