Sunday, December 14, 2014

............................Time for theater!

So welcome back everyone. Needless to say the call came through Friday December 12Th That Tuesday December 16th  will be my surgery. We have approval to get this done.
My emotions went from angry and depressed right to scared and anxious. Now its time to get the final preparations, marking up my water bottle...Wait i never explained that..Oh! well lets take a second and explain this. Since you have to take in so much water post surgery, but you can only take it in in small doses. You are constantly sipping water. Well Someone came up with  great idea, take a water bottle and using a sharpie, mark the times of day on the bottle versus where you should be in water.
  Now I saw this months ago but the folks over at Bariatric pal.com  were able to find the pic for me.  Well this weekend I happened to be at target picking up a few last minute gifts for my wife and looking for some yogurt etc. ( BTW) target is a great place to get the jello cups and jello pudding cups, sugar free of course. While there we came across a really nice bottle by  Nalgene, it is graduated with both ml and ounces.  So i bought it. When I got home and looked at the picture again I realized i bought the exact bottle, sans color, of the one used in the picture. So here is the picture of what was created.


 Smart idea huh.
Mine looks  the same although its more of a light green tint.
SO ive got so many thing done, I bought a pill crusher to take my pain meds and other meds with post op. I have to crush them and take them in a teaspoon of yogurt or juice. I have all my vitamins we found also at target which seems to be the only local store that carries Centrum Chewables plus iron. Tomorrow night we have the first shower using anti bacterial Hibiclens, then again the morning of surgery. We also have to do some picture taking for posterity and the measurements. Yes it has been advised to me to have someone I trust ( hope of course) measure my various body parts. Upper arm shoulders, chest, belly, waist upper thigh, lower leg neck etc then when I do hit a plateau i can fall back on the inches i have lost rather than just the pounds themselves to show the changes my body is undergoing.
  Well that's the blog post for now. I think I will have a special video post tomorrow night before the surgery, and hopefully a post right from the hospital after recovery.
Thanks to everyone who helped get me this far. The next step is the biggest.


No comments:

Post a Comment