Sunday, October 12, 2014

Entry 3..............I Drink Alone

Hiya Readers,
   Nice to see you again (metaphorically of course).
One of the key things to my surgery is the need to lose 18 pounds prior to scheduling my actual surgery date. Since my next appointment with the surgeon is on November 22nd that's the date I am shooting for. Now the nutritionist  set me up with this easy plan. A protein shake/drink for breakfast, with some frozen fruit if I like blended in, then a protein shake or drink for lunch to  drink slowly while I am at work. Dinner is a sensible portion of  lean protein and vegetables.
   Now I have some specific types of protein mixes and pre-made drinks that have been recommended and approved by the surgeon and the weight loss team.
   The first order of business was for me to visit a local Vitamin Shoppe, a few blocks from my house.  Once inside, I could see that the number of products is overwhelming. Now I am limited to a certain type of protein, known as whey protein, evidently made from milk.
  Thanks to the help of a great saleswoman, we found the vast supply of these mixes and ready made drinks and shakes, a little less daunting. 
  Over the next week, I will be reviewing some of these products. Here is a look at what I picked out for this first few days.
 


  We have from left to right, Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate, MetRx Protein Plus RTD frosty chocolate, and three flavors of Isopure ready to drink, which does come in about 8 flavors ready made, and in powder form as well, and is not at all shake like, which might be nice. The three flavors are Alpine Punch, Icy Orange and Black Tea.
   Now obviously you can also see the Nutri Ninja Blender system as well.  That, according to consumer reports, and many testimonials online and side by side tests on you-tube, is the most recommended unit without spending 4 to 500 dollars. It beat out rivals like the magic bullet, nutri bullet and others.
  This unit will be absolutely necessary to make the shakes from powder form, as the ready to drink varieties are, well not much for flavors. Most have chocolate, vanilla and unflavored, some have strawberry and a few have a coffee variant.  Now the shakes I will try in the mornings, as a breakfast replacement, and I will have video of the taste tests  up on those days. So place your bets and lets see who wins round one.
I would like to leave you with this quote from the Late Joan Rivers:


See you soon.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment