Monday, October 13, 2014

Episode 4...........................Its UnCANny

Hello readers.
  Well today is the big day. The start of my new diet. I weighed in the morning on my scale at 356.6 pounds. My goal for now is 342 pounds by November 22nd. So with that in mind my first protein shake taste test  is underway!
   Our first customer is the Protein Plus RTD51 Frosty Chocolate. Now this can seems to have more protein in it than others, and as such I am hoping that doesn't mean the more protein =the nastier the taste.
  So here is the video, let's see what happens!

 
   Just think Tomorrow I get to have yet another pre made ready to drink shake! I am all a quiver with anticipation.
  I am starting to believe the helpful saleswoman at the Vitamin Shoppe who said the powders taste better than the pre made canned. Although the Isopure bottled drinks, (which we will sample soon) are supposed to be very good, but not anywhere near as filling, so that is a trade off probably better left to post surgery.
  I read this stimulating fact in the notebook of information you get when you  start this journey. This is a three ring binder put together by the weight loss team at the hospital. Come to think of it I do not know if I mentioned that this program is run from Good Samaritan Hospital in Brockton, Mass. The surgery itself is at their parent hospital In Brighton Mass, The ubiquitous, St Elsewhere aka St. Elizabeth's.
  So this fact I read is that post surgery for the first few days, your intake is limited to one to two tablespoons of water spread out over 5 minutes. Boy I will bet that will be refreshing...
   It' is almost time for dinner, and I picked up some fresh cooked lemon chicken breast at Trader Joe's and I'm going to chop some of that up and warm it up in a pan, then serve it over a nice chopped green salad with some shredded cabbage, mixed in, and a little sprinkle of parmesan, with a fat free dressing ( keep an eye out on the sugar content of fat free dressings, just a hint). The good thing s I can have quite a big salad, as far as the lettuce types which I will vary, I have romaine, baby lettuce, radicchio and iceberg. Leave out the croutons of course, oh and Trader's Joes has a bag of half a dozen hard boiled eggs, de-shelled, I think ill slice one up on the salad, that's just the way I like it. Again I cannot say this enough, Everyone is different, what works for me might be anathema to you.
  Because, "the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, what might be right for you, may not be right for some"..(little 80's humor there).
  Anyway folks, tomorrow we shall try yet another shake! So come on back and see if it will be horror or happiness.

Here's what I leave you with today.

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts. Coincidence? I think not! ~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment