Saturday, October 25, 2014

.......I'm a 5 Percenter!!

Hello Bloggians, Bloggettes? Okay then, Friends let's go with that.
SO before get deeper I know you're interested in my latest Taste test. Well here we are.
   This test is for a MuscleTech product and usually the products made for muscle growth are not what I would be looking for, but this one was recommended to me by a salesperson and they gave me some free sample packets. So let us see whether or not it lives up to it's recommendation.


Well that was not a lot of fun. Free samples or no, I can't see drinking that again.

  The question of the day is what's new? well there is sort of a big deal, remember I posted that on this coming Monday Oct 27th, I am going down to good Samaritan Hospital in Brockton Mass. to have a barium swallow, and cardiac stress test. Well my other goal is that I have to lose 18 pounds prior to the surgeon scheduling the surgery. I had until November 20th to do so.  I weighed in at the start at 361 pounds. Well this morning I weighed on my home scale, which I don't move around and is calibrated daily, at 343 pounds, for a loss of 18 pounds. That's 5% of my body weight, evidently losing that amount is key to shrinking your liver. Obese people are known to have fatty liver syndrome, well this helps to shrink the liver making surgery easier. Now I just have to keep it off. That brings about the decision to finally get my gym membership back. I'm going to go back to Planet Fitness , and so is the wife. I love the late hours as they are open until 11pm weekdays. So I can either go in the mornings or more likely at night after work. It is an especially good fit as for quite awhile I am limited to just the bike or treadmill (bike thanks to my back) and general stretching, no weights or machines except to use for stretching.
     So all in all its a good day. I celebrated with a shake for breakfast a shake for lunch, my guitar lesson, and then a turkey sandwich, with maybe 10 French fries. Tomorrow were going to try a little homemade recipe, im going to dice up some chicken breast marinade in Trader Joe's sweet chili sauce, then I'm going to stir fry that up and serve it with these finely chopped crunchy vegetables, there is radish, cabbage, pepper, onion, jicama and small broccoli pieces, very finely chopped, and I'm going to serve them up and make lettuce wrap with them and serve with some of Trader Joe's dumpling dipping sauce, in small amounts of course. These should be a great low carb Sunday light meal, considering no food after 8pm and no liquids after midnight in preparation for the tests Monday morning. So far the ultra low carb no sugar  thing really does work. I am going to visit my weight loss surgical team on Monday after the tests since they are in the same compound in Brockton, and get an official weigh in, with the hopes that will allow the surgeon to take the next step and book the surgery and get the precertification paperwork completed.
    I am encouraged by the protein shakes, by my ability to live with the changes I have had to make just these two weeks. Now two weeks is not a lifestyle change I know this for sure, but it is a start, and sometimes starting is the hardest part. I will say one of the things they don't tell you is that these protein shakes can, cause things to uh, bind up shall we say. A daily event , took 4 days, and not without some discomfort. Getting past that is just another bump in  the road.
  So until Monday when I will clue everyone in to  what the tests were like, I will say go Patriots, and rather than a quote, I figured you might like this instead:
           
 
                                 
                                    Love you all, together we can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment